- “And Jesus told them a parable,
- to the effect that they should always pray and not to turn coward –
- faint, lose heart, and give up.”
(Lk 18:1) AMP
- And how many times today
- Should I have prayed, but ran away?
- I sheltered in my puny strength
- And pride that runs through all my length
- And breadth of soul like cancer cells
- That stunt my faith. Make it unwell,
- E’en sick to death of seeking Him.
- Hampered by my chains of sin.
- I turned a coward. Away I turned
- Although within my conscience burned
- Still up I gave and turned away.
- Enough! I’m on my knees. Let’s pray.