- “The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.” Jm 5:16 Read more…
- I said a prayer today: nor was it an idle word.
Prayers are powerful to do good – and powerless for evil.
God is not duty-bound to fulfill our prayer – God, as a person, will answer each prayerful request as is His wont.
- If prayer is conversation: God’s response will sometimes be “yes”, sometimes “no”, sometimes a thoughtful silence. Sometimes “wait a bit”. In fact, God will respond with more variety that the sum totality of the human response to our individual requests.
- Sometimes God will give us the faith to ask, and ask, and ask, and ask ceaselessly without giving up. If so, we should be constant; and set at nought our doubts. God will answer in His time. And at the right time.
- Sometimes I feel that the heavens are brass: and that God is not listening. Our feelings are no sure guide: God is never far from each one of us.
- Sometimes I draw nearer to God in prayer and glimpse a little of what Eden must have been like: a shadow of what Adam and Eve felt to talk with God in the garden. Before they fell into shadow.
Let this thought then guide your prayers: ask much. Ask often. Ask confidently.
And then listen. And then do what He tells you.